transposition certainly took place on 14 June 1310
when the new chapel dedicated to St. Anthony at the left-hand
end of the transept had been completed; the sacred remains
were solemnly transferred.
14 February 1350, Cardinal Guido de Boulogne came to Padua
to fulfil a vow (he had been cured of the black plague) and
to give a precious reliquary in which St. Anthony's
chin (or to be more precise his jawbone) was placed. A
final, temporary transposition occurred at the beginning of
the 16th century when St. Anthony's Gothic chapel was demolished
to make room for the new Renaissance chapel, which, despite
being incomplete, was inaugurated in 1532.